I credit my post today to Sylvia Morice, over at http://sylviamorice.wordpress.com; she wrote a wonderful post on the items she could check off her bucket list if she had one. It also got me to thinking, this is so true. We read about people’s lists and think, wow, I’d like to do that too, and then we realize….hey, wait a minute, I have done that. And that, and that too.
When one gets to a certain age you can pretty much know that the bucket runneth over.
I can cross the following off my list:
1. Taken multiple train trips from Texas in to Mexico City and Guadalajara.
2. Worked for the Olympic Committee in Mexico City when the Olympics were there in 1968. I was an editor for the information put out for the cultural events, pre-games.
3. Lived in Guadalajara during my sophomore year of high school, attending a Mexican school.
4. Lived in Mexico City for one grade school year.
5. Spent almost every summer in Mexico with relatives before I married.
6. Spent one summer in Paris during 1967.
7. Rode horseback on the beach in Ensenada.
8. Rode horseback into the jungles of Puerto Vallarta on my honeymoon.
9. Spent two weeks in Tuscany.
10. Given birth to four children, three of them at one time (yes, triplets).
11. And, like Sylvia, married the love of my life.
My bucket brims over. I don’t need a list. I’ll just add on as the opportunities present themselves. I love adventure, change, and surprises. I think I need a bigger bucket.
Thanks, Sylvia, for the inspiration.